QVMFC – Privacy Notice
- Privacy Notice
Queen’s View Model Flying Club hereafter referred to as QVMFC, are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
QVMFC have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we not required to do so however contact details have been provided at the end of this privacy notice should you wish or need to contact us regarding data protection issues or compliance within QVMFC.
This notice explains when and why we collect personal information about people who join QVMFC how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and your rights in relation to your personal data.
As a living document this policy may change over time, please check the website at www.qvmfc.co.uk to ensure access to the most up to date version and that you are happy with any changes that may have been made. By becoming a member of QVMFC, you are agreeing to be bound by this notice.
Any questions regarding this notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to www.qvmfc.co.uk or by writing to QVMFC Secretary/Treasurer.
- How do we collect information about you?
We obtain information about you when you apply to become a member of QVMFC and SAA.
- What type of information is collected about you?
- The personal information we collect may include your Name, Address, Email Address, Telephone Number ,next of kin, Insurance and Competency Awards related to model flying.
If you pay QVMFC for the services via an electronic/online Bank Payment (FPI, TFR, BP etc) directly to the nominated QVMFC Account, a record of your payment, as supplied by QVMFC’s current banking provider, will be held by as part of our Financial Records.
- The legal bases for the processing of your personal data is;
- To enable QVMFC to fulfil our “Contractual Obligations” in the provision of membership services.
- To enable QVMFC fulfil our “Legitimate Interests” in the provision of membership services.
- To enable QVMFC to fulfil our “Legal obligations” in the management and maintenance of financial records.
- By providing your “Consent’’ QVMFC” further provides information and news, guidance and support, events and competitions.
- How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Process your membership
- Carry out our obligations arising from your membership
- Seek your views or comments on matters relating to the QVMFC and model aircraft flying
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
These may include information about QVMFC events and contests and other QVMFC related matters, also information from the national bodies that may be of interest to you.
- How long do we retain your information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to carry out our obligations in relation to your membership, or as long as is set out in any relevant agreement between us. Where an individual person’s QVMFC membership lapses your information will be securely kept for a period of one year after which your information will be deleted.
- Who has access to your information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- As a Scottish Aeromodellers Association (SAA) Affiliate, QVMFC act as a “Joint Data Controller” with the SAA in respect of new and existing SAA members. Through our “Data Sharing Agreement” with the SAA we will share your information for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you and on your behalf (for example processing new SAA member applications, processing SAA member renewals, updating personal information to ensure accuracy and validity).
- When we share information with the SAA, as a “Joint Data Controller”, we will only do so where and when a mutually agreed and formalised “Data Sharing Agreement” is in place.
- The “Data Sharing Agreement” will clearly specify the items of personal information required to deliver the services and also the steps and controls to ensure the continued privacy and security of your information.
- QVMFC will not release your information to any other organisation or third parties unless we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
- How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You can check the information we hold is correct by contacting QVMFC Secretary/Treasurer or by email to www.qvmfc.co.uk.
- Links to non QVMFC websites?
- Your rights
- Right to access
You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
- Right to erasure
In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data being no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data was collected or otherwise processed, you are no longer a QVMFC member and wish the data not to be held for our standard one year.
Please note a request for data erasure for a current member would require that member to forfeit membership. The data is required for the QVMFC to fulfil its obligations.
- Right to restrict processing
In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- Right to object to processing
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct electronic communications purposes. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- Right to data portability
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. https://ico.org.uk
- Right to withdraw consent
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us.
- Contacting Us